I have no clue what social media trends will happen 2013.
I’m a blogger, not a fortune teller. You can ask Miss Cleo if you want to know the future.
But I do know what won’t be a trend:
- Mobile - Anyone who tells you mobile is an upcoming trend is a sham. Mobile has been integral to social media for more than half a decade. If you aren’t prepared for mobile now, you’re going to be left in the dust.
- Social TV - TV has been social since we were all forced to watch the same show because our parents forced us to. Now instead of talking to the person sitting next to us during the commercials, we all just yammer on Facebook and Twitter.
- Social Ads - Facebook stories are sponsored. Trends are promoted. Commercials are shown before every YouTube video. Social ads are already a huge part of our online experience.
Here are a three things I am certain will happen in 2013:
- Facebook will change - Marketers will bitch. Your friends will whine. No one will like it.
- Twitter will become more media centric - Because 140 characters look better as an HD video.
- People will share more cat photos - No one can stop them. Bow before our feline overlords.
What social media trends do you see in 2013?
Agreed. Especially to #3, “Grumpy Cat” is unstoppable.
All hail grumpy cat!
Exactly, cats will dominate the Internet more than they ever have!
“Because 140 characters look better as an HD video.”
Well, it’s true.
About.me seems to be getting big.
Maybe for narcissists, which we all are these days…