It’s been a while since I’ve discussed the huge number of tweets that drive me up the wall. I’d say the internet got better at tweeting, but if it really did I wouldn’t have to write this post, now would I?
Here’s what’s been grinding my gears recently:
- The Epic Retweeter - I follow several people who have no original thoughts. They only retweet articles, and could never draft an original sentence even if their very lives depended on it. Retweets are great, but as with all great things, use moderation, or I will unfollow your uncreative self.
- YouTube Pollution - YouTube lets users link their Twitter account so people can see when they upload a video, favorite a video or comment on something. This sounds nice, but all of the tweets are boring garbage. Stop linking these accounts, and selectively share the things that are really important.
- What you’re eating - Is what you’re putting in your mouth going to affect me? No? Then don’t write about it. Give your readers something that has real entertainment or informational value. ”Mmm, Waffles!” doesn’t quite do that.
- @ replies to celebrities - Talking to celebrities on Twitter is like talking to a wall. If you expect a reply, I worry about you. And if you drag me into the conversation, I will back away very, very slowly.
- Anything about your bathroom habits - Can’t we all agree that the general public doesn’t need to know about your bodily excrement? Unless you’re under the age of four, you don’t run out of the bathroom screaming “I POOPED!” Please, save us all the horror and disgust and keep it to yourself.
What tweets are you all seeing that drive you nuts? Take the moment to vent and let me know what’s giving you grief.
Comments are closed.